About Me

My photo
My name is Amber and I am seventeen years old. My greatest interest is my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I like to dabble in photography and writing, so this blog is a mix of my photos and stories. I also might at times post some heartwise articles. Please enjoy; I always appreciate comments.

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Roses are Red, or Maybe Pink?



Hi all! A few days ago, my mom said to me, "We need to throw those flowers out. They are starting to become old."

Well, the photographer in me jumped at that. "Can I use them for a photoshoot first, PLEASE?" I was given permission. I promptly removed three of the best blossoms from the vase and headed outside.

This is my personal favorite. I love "in the grass" shots.





I placed this one inside a pinwheel in our backyard. If you look closely, you can tell why my mom was ready to throw the roses away.



While I was snapping, this little guy came bounding over. Sadly, when I tried to close in on him for a better shot, he was gone.







More grass photos. Ahhhhh!





After trying all possible shots and poses, I set up my last scene. I had been itching to float the flowers in the birdbath, but I knew that I had to do that last. I wasn't going to be touching the flowers again after they were in that gross water. I know, I'm part germaphobe. :)



All three floating serenely.



I had a ton of fun with this photoshoot, and I hope you enjoyed this peek at the pictures that came from it!

~~~~Amber

4 comments:

Tina said...

I was able to enjoy the roses when they adorned the house and now I am able to enjoy them once again. Thank you for sharing the beauty. Love Mom

Amber said...

Very pretty! I think the last picture could be my favorite!

Thank you very much for nice comment! Yes, I thought fruit loops would be fun! Or chocolate cheerios... anything!

Hope your crazy November will have time for quiet!

Blessings,
Amber

Amber said...

Hi, Amber!
I decided to reply to your comment here rather than on my blog. :) Thanks for the comment. How funny that all this time we have shared the same name and I never knew! :) Thank you for sharing about your new blog; I've just read through your posts and enjoyed them very much. The pictures are beautiful. ...And the fact that you're going to do NaNoWriMo intrigues me because I'm doing my own version of that right now. :)
Anyway, I could chatter on, but this is a comment, not a blog post, so I won't. :) Please do continue posting - I look forward to reading. :)
Blessings,
Amber

PlainJane said...

Pretty photos Amber. My Amber tells me you two share the same middle name too, how fun! Thanks for your advice on leaving comments. I'll have to give it a try later.
Blessings to you and yours!
(stop by my blog anytime)
Jane (Amber's Mom)