About Me

My photo
My name is Amber and I am seventeen years old. My greatest interest is my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I like to dabble in photography and writing, so this blog is a mix of my photos and stories. I also might at times post some heartwise articles. Please enjoy; I always appreciate comments.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

NaNoWriMo OVER!

Hi all,


I have been silent this whole month due to my participation in NaNoWriMo (see my previous post). I am happy to report that I have made it to 50,000 words, 50,042 words to be exact. I am very excited. I hope to finish it soon. After it is finished, I will be spending a great deal of time editing the story. I hope someday to have it published, but I don't want to raise my hopes too high. Well, we will see.


I am definitely glad that I participated in it. I learned a great deal about committment, something that I have always struggled with. I managed to actually stay focused enough to complete my schoolwork at a decent time, another of my weaknesses. I am afraid that I didn't learn to wake up at an early time, though. I do believe that part of it had to do with the fact that I went to bed so late every night. I am grateful to God for giving me this opportunity to praise Him in my writing. He was very gracious. There is still a great deal that needs to be done, and I am praying that He will give me the grace to finish the novel.



Since Christmas is approaching, throughout the next few weeks the song of the week at the right side of the blog will be some of my favorite Christmas songs. This week I am starting off with a beautiful rendition of God Rest Ye, Merry Gentleman.

I managed to take a few photos throughout November. Here are a few from my family's Thanksgiving celebration.

The turkey waiting to be carved.




Gravy.



Meanwhile, my grandmother and I set up a centerpiece.


These battery-operated tea lights are really very pretty. My grandmother, who lives with us, loves them. At Christmas time, I find places for them in her living room. I will definitely post some pictures later.



We tried some creative ideas from our backyard. :)


We also worked on setting the table. These cloth napkins were a beautiful accent.







Have a good week! Until next time!

1 comment:

Tina said...

What a wonderful accomplishment! I know that you learned some valuable lessons and developed in the area of commitment. I cannot wait to see the final product and how the Lord is glorified through your work. You are a treasured daughter.
Love Mom