About Me

My photo
My name is Amber and I am seventeen years old. My greatest interest is my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I like to dabble in photography and writing, so this blog is a mix of my photos and stories. I also might at times post some heartwise articles. Please enjoy; I always appreciate comments.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Messing with Manual ~~ The Necklace


F/3.5 (aperture/f-stops) 1/60s (shutter speed)


For this second Messing with Manual installment, I would like to share with you some photos of a necklace that I captured several weeks ago. There is no special story behind the necklace. Except that it made a good photo op. I've been trying to take objects outside and put them in places where they wouldn't normally be. The above picture was posed on a backyard pinwheel.


F/5 (aperture) 1/200s (shutter speed)
I started simple; I lay it first in the grass.
I thought this picture was a touch dark, but I'm not sure. What do you think?


F/5  1/60s
Maybe I want a little too far the other direction on this one's lighting. I don't know if you've noticed but I seem to play more with the shutter speed than the aperture. I feel as though I have more range that way. Maybe more experienced photographers could tell me whether or not it would be better to try to change the aperture more.

F/4.7 1/125s
The focus is almost there. :)


F/4.7 1/125s

F/4.7 1/50s

F/4.7 1/50s

F/4.7 1/30s

F/6.3 1/80s

F/6.3 1/50s

F/6.3 1/50s
I loved how the chain ended up forming a heart shape.


F/5 1/25s
Now we've moved to the bush.



F/3.5 1/60s
Back to the pinwheel. :) Although it was kind of an odd place, it ended up being a pretty combination.


F/3.5 1/60s

F/3.5 1/60s

No comments: